Mechanical Engineering involves the design & development of machinery, ranging from simple mechanisms to more complex machines. The process includes the planning and designing of these structures, as well as operating and maintaining them. Mechanical Engineers use an understanding of core concepts such as kinetics and thermodynamics (application of heat and mechanical power) to create and analyse a wide variety of machines and processes.
- Grade 9 with Mathematics for N1
- Matric for (N3 – N6)
- Each Phase can be completed in a trimester (4 months) depending on Learner’s pace.
- Full Time
- 2 years
- Enrolment in Mechanical Fitting or Welding Apprenticeship or Learner Technician programme and exit as an Artisan upon passing Trade-Test
- Entry for further studies with Universities or Universities of Technology
- Qualify with Diploma upon successful completion of N6 and in-service training.
- Utilise skills attained to work in mechanical related work Learners can, with further learning, pursue a career to attain qualiﬁcations as a Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, Materials Scientist, Draughtsman, Fabricator, Process Controller / Technician.