Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTE THE CONTRACT OF ENROLMENT BETWEEN THE APPLICANT, HIS/HER PARENTS OR SPONSOR(S) AND GATEWAY CITY COLLEGE (PTY) LTD
- A registration and admission fee(non refundable) is the amount indicated in your application form shall be payable to Gateway Cty College (Pty) Ltd, by all full time and part time applicants. For the purpose hereof, a full time student is one studying a trimester course, a semester course or a year course during the week. A part time student is any other applicant studying a course on the weekends or a course for a period less than a trimester.
- The said registration and admission fee is non refundable under any circumstances unless the applicant is not eligible for admission to Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd., or unless the qualification in question is cancelled by Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd.
- The portion of the registration and admission fees will be credited towards payment of tuition fees payable, upon successful registration.
- The Applicant hereby agrees to pay the fees and any other fees as indicated in the selected qualification / course. Such fees will include but not limited to registration, admission and tuition, study materials (modules or books) fees and any other fees applicable to the selected qualification / course.
- Gateway City Collège (Pty) Ltd. Reserves the right to withhold examination results until outstanding accounts are settled in full.
- Where tuition fees are payable to Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd. In installments, failure to pay any single installment timeously shall result in the full balance becoming immediately due and payable without any further notice. Furthermore; Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd. reserves the right to charge interest on all outstanding accounts.
FULL TIME STUDENTS
- An applicant shall cancel his/her enrolment for the current academic year of study as a whole and before the commencement of the classes and shall be exonerated from liability for full fees (excluding the registration and admission fees plus the cost of modules/books), provided that Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd. is informed in writing two weeks before the commencement of the academic year in question
- Should an applicant wish to cancel his/her enrolment within 14 calendar days of the commencement of the academic year, he/she shall be liable for 10% of his/her full Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd. tuition fees for the academic year in question.
- Should an applicant wish to cancel his/her enrolment after 14 calender days of the commencement of the academic year, he/she shall be liable for his/her full Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd. tuition fees for the academic year in question.
SHORT COURSE AND PART TIME STUDENTS
- An applicant may cancel his/her enrolment for a part-time qualification, and be exonerated from liability for the tuition fee (excluding the registration and admission fees plus the cost of modules/books), provided that Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd. is informed in writing one week before the commencement of the qualification.
- A registration and admission fees shall not under any circumstances be refundable and an additional cancellation fee to an amount of R200 (two hundred Rand) shall be charged.
- Should an applicant cancel his/her enrolment within 7 calendar days of the commencement of the academic year, he/she shall be liable for 10% of his/her Gateway City College (PTY)Ltd. tuition fees for the academic year in question.
- Should an applicant cancel his/her enrolment after 7 calendar days of the commencement of the academic year, he/she shall be liable for his/her full Gateway City College (PTY)Ltd. tuition fees for the academic year in question.
- Should an applicant wish to cancel his/her enrolment subsequent to start of classes, he/she will remain liable for the full tuition fees payable, whether he/she attends lectures or write examinations.
Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd. reserves the right to postpone or cancel part-time qualifications due to insufficient of demand. In the event of cancellation, as opposed to postponement, all fees paid shall be refunded.
NOTE: that late payments will result in interest being charged at the prime overdraft rate as leveid by Standard Bank in South Africa.
- Your identity document must be produced when enrolling for a course and when entering an examination venue at each examination sitting.
- Before enrolling please ensure that the subject/s being offered appear on the provisional examination timetable.
- Ensure that this form reflects the subjects for which you have enrolled and is verified by your lecturer/enrolling officer.
- Enrolment forms for subjects being re-written must be submitted separately at the Examination Section.
- All students should familiarize themselves with the course mark requirements.
- Under no circumstances will examination dates/times/results be communicated telephonically.
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to view/obtain my provisional examination date/s and agree to call personally at this College at least five (5) working days prior to my first examination date to collect my admission permit/examination timetable.
- Full time students will receive admission permits/examination timetable from the Examination Section on the final day of lectures prior to the first day of exams.
- I agree to obtain a copy of the “Code of Conduct and Student handbook” upon the finalization of my registration.
- I, undertake to notify Student Admissions, Examinations and Student Finance Departments of any change in address and/or telephone number and/or other pertinent information.
- I undertake to fully acquainted myself with the rules and regulations as contained in the Code of Conduct & Student Handbook and agree to abide by conditions as laid out.
- I agree to promptly pay all tuition/examination fees for the course/subjects for which I have entered/enrolled.
- I understand that I have to make prompt payment (within 24 hours) of my tuition/examination fee into the College banking account, alternatively concluding an agreement to pay fees in instalments is a requirement and that my enrolment will be pending until this requirement is met.
- I, fully understand the rules regarding the instalment agreement and agree to abide by them.
- I fully understand that I am not entitled to any refund or re-imbursement for fees or part thereof paid by me nor am I entitled to the waiver on any fees owed by myself unless the correct enrolment cancelation (withdrawal) procedure has been followed.
- I undertake to attend at least 80% of my lectures.
- I accept that I am responsible for payment of any medical costs incurred should emergency treatment be required whilst attending classes/writing examinations or engaging in any other College activity.
- I understand that my enrolment is only complete and accepted once I receive an official College receipt.
- I undertake not to engage in any activity that will infringe on the rights of any other student or member of staff of the College.
- I have fully acquainted myself with the Rules & Regulations concerning examination procedures and the minimum course year mark requirements for the entry to write thenational examinations and agree to abide by them.
- I understand that my enrolment is subject to the number of students enrolled which warrants the continuation of the course and the course can be cancelled should the enrolment numbers not warrant same.
- I agree to adhere to the stipulations of the OHS Act 85 of 1993.
I hereby give consent for myself/my child/ward (whose name appears on the front of this application form) to take part in all organized activities of the College, including extra-curricular activities such as: games / sport / athletics / rehearsals / performances / functions / educational tours / excursions / open day / events / career fairs, experiential training, etc.
I fully understand and accept all activities/tours/excursions, experiential training, etc. shall be undertaken at my child’s/ward’s own risk and I undertake on behalf of myself/my family and/or my/our Executors to indemnify, hold blameless and absolve the Education Department and the Rector and Staff against and from any claims whatsoever that may arise in connection with any loss of/or damage to my/our property or injury to myself/my child/ward aforesaid in the course of any such activity/tour excursion.
I fully understand the nature and extent of this release.
If I am not the parent/legal guardian of the student whose name appears on the front of this enrolment form, I warrant that I am authorized to give this understanding on his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s behalf.
I/We, the undersigned, hereby indemnify each of Gateway City Colleges’ Management, Employees, Agents, Directors and Executive Members, and any of their Dependants, and shall keep each of them fully indemnified at all times against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, costs, expenses, fines, penalties, taxes, losses and liabilities whatsoever, and in any way arising out of, or in connection with, our/my use of, or attendance at, any portion or part of the College, its equipment, facilities and/or property described as the Gateway City Colleges, and incorporated thereon.
I/We the undersigned (“the surety”) bind myself/ourselves as surety and co-principal debtor in solidum with the Applicant in favour of Gateway City College for the due amount of all amounts which may at any time be payable by the Applicant to Gateway City College from time to time in terms of the agreement to which this suretyship is annexed
I/we the undersigned authorise Gateway City College (PTY)Ltd to conduct a National Credit check against my/our Name/s and Identity Number/s. Information for the record of Gateway City College(PTY)Ltd only.
- The applicant’s failure to attend lectures for whatever reason shall in no way entitle him/her to a reduction in fees.
- No cancellation of this contract shall be of any force or effect without written consent thereto by an authorized officer of Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd.
- Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd. reserves the right to create and apply rules (including due performance requirements), and the applicant hereby agrees to be bound by such rules.
- Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd. reserves the right to exclude the applicant from lectures and examinations (without in anyway detracting from the right of Gateway City College (Pty) Ltd. to recover fees payable), and to withhold an applicant’s examination results or to dismiss him/her for failing to pay tuition fees or failing to comply with any rules, or the term of this contract.
- The applicant and other signatories hereby agree to pay any and all tuition fees as when they fall due at Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd.
The applicant acknowledges that application for enrolment will only be considered by Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd. Once the enrolment form is duly completed, the correct documentation is attached and the required Registration and Deposit fee and the minimum required Deposit furnished to Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd. I hereby declare that the information provided on this application form is true and correct and accept that the provision of any incorrect or fraudulent information may lead to my disqualification.
And hereby declare that I have been explained the details of the course that I have chosen to enrol for at Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd, and that I fully understand.
I _____________________________________ (full name of parent/legal guardian) ID Number :____________________________ hereby declare that I have read and understood Gateway City College (PTY) Ltd terms and conditions for enrolment and i further declare that i have understood the Registration fee and Deposit, is non-refundable. I confirm my agreement to the terms and conditions by willingly signing this enrolment form.
- CERTIFIED COPY OF STUDENTS ID
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE – STUDENT
- CERTIFIED COPY OF ACCOUNT PAYER ID
- CERTIFIED COPY OF ANY OTHER POST SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS
- PROOF OF INCOME AND BANKING DETAILS – ACCOUNT PAYER
- CERTIFIED COPY OF HIGHEST SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS
- CERTIFIED COPY OF APPLICANTS STUDY PERMIT (If NOT South African Citizen)
- CERTIFIED COPY OF APPLICANTS PASSPORT (If NOT South African Citizen)
- PROOF OF ACCOUNT PAYER RESIDENCE
- CERTIFIED COPY OF CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) – Projects students only
- CERTIFIED COPY OF SERVICE LETTER AND PROOF OF SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE RELEVANT TO THE TRADE – Projects students only